Wednesday, September 17, 2008

day 17. jumbo sized metro card.

does anyone else feel like this week is flying by? Did monday happen? i can't be certain. is tomorrow really thursday?! this is glorious news. how i managed to pick an outfit out for 3 days of this week is a miracle from baby jesus.

today i had dinner with a good friend in union square. i may or may not have consumed several glasses of wine. anyway, on with my story. i caught the crosstown bus to my train and as i was leaving, realized my metro card was not in my back pocket where i had just put it. i run back on the bus, scream at the bus driver something that probably sounded like "METROCARD..... IN MY SEAT..... WHERE?!.......CHECKING......PLEASE......METROCAAAAAARD... WHY??" in my head i was kindly asking the driver if i could go check my seat, but i realize now i for sure screamed in his face. he'll live.

long story short, that shit was in my purse and not on the seat or in my back pocket. which leads me to this..... how do people keep track of their metrocards? its one of the most difficult tasks of my life. i lose it at least once a day, only to find it someplace i swear i didn't put it (under my keyboard, next to my phone at work, near my cereal in the morning.... why?), then i freak out, cry a little and die inside. other people must have this problem, right? or am i the only idiot who can't keep it straight and keep track of her shit. in my defense, that card is as thick as a sheet of kleenex. granted its the most disgusting shade of MTA yellow so how can you lose it? every time i look at it i lose brain cells. if only i could get a special mama size card. like 8 1/2 x 11, laminated and with a locating device so i could never lose it. that would be sweet.

someone go invent that for me. thanks.

(oh, and here's a picture. enjoy!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have no idea how you wrote a blog entry after last night! I keep my metro card in my wallet but I almost lose it about two times a week nevertheless!