Friday, October 3, 2008

day 33: sick people need happy hippos


today a very sick version of myself forced myself (?) out of bed and off to work. this seemed like a good idea for about 30 minutes until i almost hacked up the right side of my lung on the downtown B train. No good. I was miserable and hating mucus in a big way when my super awesome boss picked up a treat for me. what kind of treat you might ask. A HAPPY HIPPO. duh. (don't worry, we hadn't heard of these either). the ingredients were a mystery because that shit was in german.... but it was delicious and perked me right up. this friday sick post goes out to brenda who is super awesome and understands that nothing will brighten a day like zoo animals stuffed with chocolate and vanilla creme. mmmm

2 comments:

Ro said...

these are all over many different European countries. I am so glad to know they exist here in the states too. Yay for foreign candy treats!! I first saw them in Hungary, Happy Hungarian Hippos.....

Brenda G. said...

I love you Aislinn. Thanks for making my dream post happen!