Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 114 is walkin' in a winter wonderland



Christmas came early! A whole two days! I'm Jewish! I got two (2) boxes of Christmukkah joy today from the parentals (one set of two) and the betrothed (one of many). Let's break down this picture together, shall we?

1. MRocc sent me, among other nifty things, a little sparkly green Christmas tree! It's in my office and it will live forever. I love it and I will look at it daily and think of how much I love her. And Christmas.
2. My dad's box was stuffed with bubble wrap. More fun than the gifts!
3. Actually not when the gift is money. Thanks for the check, Abba!
4. MRocc's package was stuffed with, what I first thought was colorful paper, but turned out to be a paper chain! Everyone loves a good paper chain. Though they're a bitch to make. Which makes this present so much better!
5. Warm socks. Rabbi and the Stepmom are known for their warm, practical winter gifts (they've kept the Old Navy Performance Fleece Dept in busy many a year). I'm not a big fan of socks (they don't work with flip-flops so what's the point?) but these are warm, roasty-toasty and necessary when there's weather like we've got.
6. Framed picture of me and the Betrothed with Santy. We took it last year on Christmas Day (day after Thanksgiving, not day after Christmas Eve. I'll explain another time. Suffice it to say, it's the best day of the year) when we waied in line at Macy's with billions of screaming children. We had more fun than they did.
7. Jelly Bellys in festive Hannukah colors. My fam loves Jelly Bellys and I'm PSYCHED about these.
8. Card with picture of snowman with construction cone on his head. Awesome!
9. Sweet wrapping paper from the Betrothed. She wins the Best-Wrapped Presents award this year.
10. Last and coolest of all, "The Design of Dissent" from the Betrothed. I'm so excited about this book I don't even have words.

I had my own little Christmas morning underneath the tree and I thought this looked like an I Spy book. Thanks for the gifts, everyone! Yours are on their way.


Day Three! Happy Chanuka!

No comments: