Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 90: At This Performance



...the role of "Jesus" will be played by Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger. I was so lost in my game of Freecell on the bus this morning that I missed my stop and had to walk up an extra block. That's when I happened upon these sign-holders (thanks Freecell!). First I thought they were your run-of-the-mill crazies screaming about how Capitalism and George Bush are responsible for the ice caps melting which is affecting the recent rise in Black people and the Bible says that's bad. Au contraire, my friends. The flip side was this:



And they were just wishing all the passersby a Merry Christmas. Verbally. It's like they had no cold, jaded, judgey, mischievous thoughts in their big, open hearts at all. I don't understand people like that. I think they're something suspect about unsolicited kindness. What? I've been living in New York for too long? Why, yes I think you're quite right.

No comments: