Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 139 likes the tchotchkes

Photobucket

The apartment where I was staying in Chicago (was! past tense!) belongs to a girl who is... special. She was very nice and very helpful and without her apartment I would've been paying way too much in rent and I'm very appreciative of her. However. She has her eccentricities. Case in point: this egg. It has her face on one side, a cap and diploma on the sides and quote about graduation and new beginnings on the back. Hello? When did porcelain eggs become the traditional law school graduation gift? It was utterly baffling and sometimes I'd find myself just staring at it, trying to make sense of it. I never came to any good conclusion. On this, my last night in the apartment*, I present to you The Egg.

*I know this is posted a full day late and I'm sorry. I spend said last night in the apartment trying to finish packing all my crap and getting in a little bit of sleep. I'd say The Egg makes up for it, no?

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

the egg brings me an incredible amount of (inappropriate) joy and happiness.