Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 245 stands out in a crowd


Giants fans are crazy in a different way than other baseball fans. They're loud and vocal and creative and exuberant and... totally Bay Area-ish. If you don't know what that exactly means I can't really help you. Suffice it to say these ladies sum it up pretty well. The were sitting two rows behind us at the game today and they had the most intricate hats I've ever seen at a game. I tried my hardest to get a good view of the hats and it's a shame you can't really see the fronts. I didn't want to blatantly hold my phone in their faces (although being from the Bay Area they probably would have posed happily) so this is all I got. Trust me when I tell you these hats represent hours and hours of dedication and attention to detail. Each is decorated with a field (complete with little fake grass, a sand diamond, white bases, and action figures at each position) and meticulously painted to perfection. In a stadium of 30,000 fans, these two get my vote.

ed: The new app I've been using to update from my phone is a huge time-saver and incredibly convenient but I'm sure you've noticed a decline in size and quality of the photos. For this reason I went back in tonight and uploaded the pictures at full size (and replaced one that was mistakenly posted). Some of them are pretty great, so now go back and take a second look!

No comments: